Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Diaper Bag Essentials


What to pack before you leave the house?  Of course (3) diapers and (10) wipes, but what else? (1)Receiving blanket, (2) burp clothes, hand sanitizer, diaper cream, (1) hat, and a (2) change of clothes for the baby just in case (when) she messes herself.  I had to learn the hard way that there is something else that is essential to a diaper bag.

In the Montego Bay airport my husband and I were picking up some duty free items (no pun intended).  I was wearing the baby and felt an explosion in her diaper, actually it was a few explosions.  I went to the bath room to assess the damage and change her diaper right away. Sure enough there was poop every where - up her back up her stomach and all over me!  After ten minutes she was fresh and clean.  I on the other hand was a different story.  Horrified by the thought of setting in a poopy shirt for the next 5 hours I promply went to a gift shop and bought another shirt.

The last essential for your diaper bag... a (1) change of clothes for you!

2 comments: