Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Home Made vs Store Bland


I decided long before the baby was born that along with breastfeeding, I would make her first foods myself. It was partly because of the nutrition but mostly because of the cost. It wasn’t difficult; we mashed up bananas and avocados and even blended our own oatmeal. Baby was eating everything under the sun having a ball. I only ran into trouble when we traveled and needed to keep the food fresh. So, on a recent trip to Jamaica that was going to last about a week I decided to buy jars of Gerber Organics and Earth's Best baby food.
Everything tasted the same. The pasta primavera, chicken and stars, and spring vegetables – no matter what she was eating it all tasted like salt and mush. No garlic, no thyme, no ginger or cinnamon – no flavor! I feel sorry for the poor babies that have to face jars of store bought baby food everyday. No one should go so far through life without any thing interesting to eat.



My favorite baby food websites are:

http://wholesomebabyfood.com/

http://weelicious.com/

Enjoy Tasty the Tasty Food :)

2 comments:

  1. This is the BEST blog ever!!! I can't wait to have little ones!!!

    Thanks Mom Ann,
    Camilly

    ReplyDelete