Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Big Chop!

I did it! After 6 months of growing my hair out I finally cut off all the relaxed hair. Planning for this for months really helped keep me from freaking out as I looked down at all of my hair on the salon floor.

There was a lot of it. I caught a couple of the other women looking shocked as the stylist clipped away, but it was a good experience. My stylist was natural herself and knew exactly how I wanted my hair. She also gave me some great tips for how to best define my curls and moisturize my hair. That is the name of the game now – no more ‘the straighter the better’ now it’s ‘the more defined and moisturized the better.’
My Hair :)
(face blocked for privacy)

2 comments:

  1. love it!!! wash and go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good, mystery woman! i remember getting a major haircut in a salon once. i got similar shocked looks from patrons and even other stylists. people assume a black woman with longish hair will always want to keep it that way. hmmm

    ReplyDelete