Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Smoothy a Day...


The saying goes an apple a day keeps the doctor away.  I think it needs to be updated, did they have blenders back when someone coined this phrase? Probably not. It is the best way for me to get a concentrated dose of my daily nutritional requirements. Banana? Check! Blueberries? Check! Strawberries? Check! Spinach? Check! Mango juice? Check! 

Making smoothies is so much better than juicing.  I just don't have the heart to throw away all that "trash" which is actually good food and fiber.  There is no specific recipe, my smoothies are usually composed of whatever fruit and/or vegetable I have on hand.  It has become part of our daily diet and when I don't get one I can feel the difference.

Yay for drinking your fruits and vegetables!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment