Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Anyone Moving to the Caribbean



 
I wish someone would have told me.  It is not a good idea to have a lot of dark furniture in a climate with a large year round mosquito population.  This among many lessons I have had to learn the hard way.  Mosquitoes love to hide in the cherry and mahogany stained bookcases all day to come out for a blitz attack at night or day it doesn’t really seem to matter to them. 
The only real ace I have is my Zapper! I can “sweep” all the dark spots and get them before they get me… or not, but even if they get me I can still get them.  I have even been known to show a little leg as bait and zap them when they come (they always come) for a quick snack.  The house is never 100% mosquito free, but it is much more manageable now.  Even with the dark furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment